It was an elegant piece of furniture from a time when the UK was the centre of the English Enlightenment, and now, its life story is the subject of a new documentary.
In a move that is sure to provoke a debate on the nature of the Enlightenment, the mantel sits on a floor that is not in use, and is now covered in graffiti.
It was donated to the Royal Institution in 1908 by the Earl of Llanelli, and later donated to St Mary’s Church in the 1970s by the then-King Edward VII.
But it is now the subject for a documentary about its life in the country it was built in, in order to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the building.
The story of the fireplace mantels has taken on a new resonance after the fire that destroyed the church, which was rebuilt in 2009.
The fire took place in a churchyard known as The Old Hall, which housed the first chapel in the medieval village of Wytham, near Oxford.
This church is now home to St James’s Church, which is also located on the site of the fire.
St Mary St Mary is the patron saint of the parish, as well as the church of St Mary, where a large mural of the Virgin Mary is on the wall.
In the film, a team of experts look at the mantels in detail.
The mantel was donated by the Queen to the Institute of Royal and Ancient History in 1896.
It had been part of the chapel that housed the earliest chapel in Wythom, the Old Hall.
In 1910, the Queen gave the mantell to the Bishop of Canterbury.
In 1917, the cathedral’s church was destroyed by fire.
A fire destroyed the first church in Wotham, and the mantles were later removed.
They were eventually re-assembled and re-dedicated to the patron saints.
But in 1932, the building was destroyed in a fire, killing the archbishop of Canterbury and other church officials.
This led to the fire minister, and subsequently the fire brigade, being sent to rebuild the church.
However, the church was then rebuilt, with the mantells, but no chapel, and so, in 1938, they were removed from the building, and left to rot.
In 1952, the Bishop, who had previously been a bishop in the village, was appointed by the King to restore the church and the building that housed it.
He found it difficult to make repairs, and ordered the mantlers taken away.
This was due to the fact that they were a large item, weighing up to 15 tonnes.
They had no fire safety systems, and no fire-safety belts to keep them safe.
A few mantels were left standing in the rubble, which led to some people, including the late archbishop, being unable to get the fire-resistant mantels that were needed to protect the structure from the elements.
After a long period of repairs, the Church of St George in Wothsam was rebuilt, in 1954.
The building had been destroyed by the fire, but the mantlids remained, and they were later taken away from the church in 1958.
The archbishop returned to Wothams in 1956, and gave them to the archdiocese.
The bishop decided to keep the mantillons in the building because they were “an important part of Wothoms history”.
A few of the mantlings were moved into the building of St Elizabeth Church in 1964.
It remained the church where the mantlis were kept, until the 1970 renovations of the church took place.
After the renovations, the archbishops decision to keep it as a church was taken back.
This decision, however, was not supported by the Church, as the mantillas are not considered part of church architecture.
In 1980, the bishop decided that the mantils should be kept in the church but put them on the ground, which would be removed.
The church had been demolished by fire, and in the ensuing fire, the blaze had spread to the mantilts, which were then left on the fireproof roof.
They then started to deteriorate, and by the end of 1981, they had lost their fire-resistance.
By this point, the Archbishops plans to rebuild St Mary in St George were no longer valid.
The new plan was to have the mantills moved to a building that had a fire safety system, and to have a fire-safe belt.
But after a number of people objected, the plans were cancelled.
The Bishop, however has continued to maintain the mantls in the cathedral, where they are still used.
The BBC visited the cathedral recently, and was given a chance to speak to the head of the Archdiocese of Oxford about the situation.
Dr Alan Johnson said: “It is not a permanent situation.
We are still working on the restoration of the cathedral.
We want to preserve as much of the history as we can of the Church and